1. Do you do custom work?
Other than resizing, customizing a precious metal selection, and similar items, we take custom work on a case-by-case basis. If you’re inquiring about custom wedding and engagement rings, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a good starting place as to what you have in mind. For all other custom inquiries please email us at email@example.com. Some things to think about and write to us about include the type of work you have in mind, your price range, and your ideal turnaround time. We’ll get back to you as soon as we can!
2. What’s my ring size?
If you’re unawares of your specific ring size, most jewelers in your area would be happy to size you, and this is definitely your best bet. Make sure to ask for your US ring size. (If you need some help finding a local jeweler, please email us at the Inquiries address, and we’ll help if we can!) However, if you can’t get to a local jeweler, this WikiHow is a pretty good place to start or you can download our own handy PDF. Please note that if you order a custom size from us, and it doesn’t fit just the way you want, we’ll try to help, but in the end the responsibility of communicating the correct size is up to you.
3. Is my item in stock?
We’re a tiny little itsy bitsy shop — we try hard to make sure that the stuff online matches the stuff in shop, and we try to keep a few different sizes of things in the shop. If your item is not in stock because we don’t have your size, and the site showed that we don’t have the size, please allow two to three weeks for delivery. Very rarely an item might sell out in shop before we have a chance to take it off the web. Don’t fret — we’re on top of it and will let you know the skinny asap! If you want to know for absolute sure before you place an order, send us a missive!
4. How about your shipping costs?
Within the Continental US we offer UPS Ground at 10$, and shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is $15. UPS 3-Day shipping is 20$ within the Continental US and 32$ for Alaska and Hawaii. If you want overnight shipping, drop us a note and we’ll see if it’s possible. Note that 3-Day shipping does not always guarantee 3 Day — if the order comes through after 3 p.m., for example, UPS doesn’t ship until the next day, hence it will arrive in four days from placing the order. Note that if you order within California your order is still subject to California State Tax (sorry!), but if you’re ordering from outside Cali it’s not.
5. Do you ship internationally?
At the moment we do not *officially* ship internationally through the webstore. However, if you’re an International Client (sounds so cool doesn’t it), please send us an email and we’ll try to make it happen for you.
6. Can you guys rush orders?
If you need something rushed, we will try our best to get it to you when you need it. Be aware that the artists charge a small fee to put your order to the front of the line. Please contact us either via our phone number or the Inquires address to see how we can help you get what’s needed when it’s needed.
7. Can I cancel an order?
Because everything in the shop is handmade, once we begin to fill an order it can’t always be cancelled. If you need to cancel an order, please email us at most 24 hours after placing it. Moreover, some of our items are final sale, so if you’re unsure, send us a missive to confirm.
8. What about returns?
In the event that you are not feeling it, there are a few different options:
(1) If you ordered online and are returning for a refund or an exchange, then within 10 days of receiving your item, print, entirely fill out the Return Form, and include it in the package along with a printout of your receipt. Your return package must be sent prepaid and insured for the full amount at which you bought the item — we won’t accept any CODs and we aren’t responsible for missing or lost packages. We recommend shipping all items to us through UPS. Unless we sent you the wrong item or the item is damaged, you’re responsible for all shipping costs.
(2) If you are returning for a resize, please first send us an email to make sure that we can resize it, and then follow the steps in (1). Some rings incur a resizing fee, others do not. Some rings can be resized, others, unfortunately, cannot. Note that one of your local jewelers may be able to resize it too, but if not and it’s resizable, we’re happy to help.
(3) If you ordered or purchased it in our brick & mortar store, then please simply bring it back in for an exchange or resizing within 10 days of purchase. For items purchased in the brick & mortar, we only offer exchanges.
All items must be returned in original condition.
Note that some special items, special orders, custom work, all the vintage, sale items, prints, booklets and artwork, and items on the Life section of the site are final sale and cannot be returned. If you’re uncertain whether your item is final sale, just send us a missive!
We reserve the right to deny credit or a refund if your item does not meet our return policies or is not in its original condition. Be sure to include the Return Form and the original invoice and please send it to:
Fiat Lux Returns
218 Church Street
San Francisco, CA
9. Can we chat on the phone?
If you want to know if an item or size is in stock, then let’s chat! However, all orders must be placed either in the brick & mortar or on the webstore.
10. How legit is your stuff?
Our in-house line and our designers use conflict-free stones and recycled or fair mined gold and silver inasmuch as we can guarantee it. Legit.
We will never, ever sell, trade, rent, or give away your personal info for any reason whatsoever scout’s honor.
12. What’s your shop’s name mean?
Our name is in Latin and derived from an ancient Roman expression meaning “stand into the light”, or “let there be light”. It refers to an act of making ourselves aware by creation — and we thought it was just kind of perfect for a collection of artists making beautiful, unique, handmade things.